Mt Seymour is Vancouver’s family owned and operated ski area delivering a relaxed West Coast feel only 30 minutes drive from downtown Vancouver. Work and play in one of the worlds premier cities on the mountain with the best community atmosphere while meeting new awesome people just like you along the way!
• To uphold Mt Seymour’s mandate to “excite and engage everyone in mountain recreation by providing fun, safe and enriching experiences”.
• To uphold and promote Mt Seymour’s Core Values: Safety, Fun, Integrity, Accessibility, and Environmental Stewardship.
• Compliance with all Mt Seymour policies and procedures.
• Must be physically able to:
o Ski/Snowboard in all terrain & snow conditions,
o Lift 50 lbs,
o Ski/Snowboard while carrying 50 lbs,
o Sustain physical activity 10 hours per day,
o Work in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be psychologically able to:
o Work in a direct and structured environment,
o Process traumatic & medical injuries of guests and colleagues
o Provide a supportive environment to colleagues, team members and guests,
o Withstand critiques from peers, supervisors, and managers,
o Always advocate on behalf of the patient.
• Can maintain clear, concise, and appropriate communication in written and spoken English.
• Keeps a clean, organized and safe workplace.
• Recognizes unsafe or hazardous work, isolates workspace, reports it to a supervisor or manager.
• Responsible for the implementation of daily Mountain Risk Management plan.
• Active member of a team responsible for professional mountain rescue within Controlled Recreation Area (CRA).
• Works alongside external agencies as an active team member, or as a Team Lead.
• Responsible for delivering high-quality first aid treatment for MSR guests and employees.
• Responsible for ensuring compliance with the Alpine Responsibility Code & Mt Seymour Terms and Conditions.
• Has a presence on the mountain.
• Valid Occupational First Aid Level 3, or, Non-urban Emergency Care Level 3, or, Wilderness First Aid (accredited course) (80 hours), or, greater.
• ASSET: o AST-1 or AST-2, o ICS-100,
• Can perform under pressure with the following attributes:
o Sound decision making,
o Effective communication,
o Resilience, and,
o In accordance with polices and procedures.
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.orgAPPLY NOW! • MT SEYMOUR SKI PATROL TEAM MEMBER • Mt Seymour Resorts Ltd
Post Date: September 16, 2022
1700 Mount Seymour Road
(604) 986-2261 x1
Mt Seymour is a winter recreation area located in North Vancouver. We offer a wide variety of winter activities including skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, tubing and toboganning.