Start a rewarding career path in the Food and Beverage industry! The YCafe Training program, offered by the YMCA of Greater Vancouver, is a FREE employment program that will train you to excel in this industry. Over a 12-week journey, you will gain hands-on work experience in a real Café setting, a solid skill set and connections with employers eager to hire you – e.g., restaurants, cafes and hospitality companies. In addition, you get paid while participating.
Next Intake start date: Monday, November 21st.
Interested? Register for the upcoming Info sessions to learn more about the program (mandatory requirement):
Info session dates:
Option 1 – Thursday, November 10th @ 11 am
Option 2 – Tuesday, November 15th @ 11 am
Benefits for participants:
· 12 weeks of hands-on training in our fully functional café, workshops, and kitchen skills
· Weekly living allowance (based on minimum wage)
· 1:1 professional coach provides career and life skills
· Free relevant certifications (up to $1000); such as First aid, Super Host, and many others
· Free 6-month YMCA Membership (gym, pool, and fitness classes)
· Full-time hours (minimum 30 hr/week) for 12 weeks
· Polo uniform provided
to full-time school in the next 6 months
· All ages (over the age of 16)
· Eligible to work in Canada (Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident, or confirmed Refugee)
· You are not in full-time school and are not returning
· Genuine interest to work in the Food and Beverage industry
Register for the upcoming Info sessions to learn more about the program (mandatory requirement):
Option 1 - Thursday, November 10th @ 11 am
Option 2 - Tuesday, November 15th @ 11 am
Sign up by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or online: hereAPPLY NOW! • NEW! YCAFE TRAINING PROGRAM – REGISTRATION/RECRUITMENT IS OPEN (SURREY) • YMCA
Post Date: November 9, 2022 Deadline for Application: November 18, 2022
14988 57 Ave
For more than 135 years, the YMCA of Greater Vancouver has cared for kids, shaped leaders for tomorrow and helped generations of people come together to find support, get healthier and make friends for life.
you can enter one of our 270+ YMCA program locations across the Lower Mainland, Fraser Valley or Sunshine Coast and find a community of people participating in life-enhancing programs.