SUMMARY: This position is responsible for reconciling the daily financials of the business whilst ensuring the safety, security and care of the resort, and its guests, overnight.
REPORTS TO: Operations Manager and General Manager
DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, & TASKS:
· Reconcile receipts, counting and balancing cash and credit cards.
· Closing and balancing various PMS modules.
· Investigating and analysing out-of-balance situations and correcting or notifying Operations Manager as needed.
· Completing various computer audit reports.
· Data entry, including PMS guest profiles and fishing licences as required by front desk department.
· Occupancy manifest issued to Management team.
· Write daily whiteboard of available guest activities.
· Initial nightly task checklist.
· Complete night security report for General Manager daily.
Security & Janitorial
· Close down and lock various resort buildings.
· Answer hourly security calls.
· Ride around of resorts peripheral areas checking for wildlife.
· Walk around of guest, public and staff areas.
· Monitor resort cameras.
· Check bikes (brakes, tires etc) and secure.
· Monitor noise levels in staff common areas.
· Be vigilant for blown light bulbs, maintenance and safety hazards.
· Janitorial duties in Business Centre.
· Any minor set up as required by the Events Manager/Dining Room Manager.
· Reopen buildings (lights, music etc) ready for next business day.
· Answer the resort main phone line, and assist guests with their enquiries.
· Create keycards and deliver to guests.
· Understand thermostats in guests’ rooms, and adjust for guests when requested.
· Ensure wake up calls are booked where required.
· Be ready for guests at any time during shift – handle enquiries or complaints calmly and effectively.
· Working with Health & Safety officer on any medical related issues.
· Informing Operations Manager of any unusual guest activity, requests or complaints.
· Be familiar with Gift Shop, and post charges to guest’s rooms for anything required outside of business hours
· Represent Sonora as a front line, guest contact.
· Incumbent must be friendly, well-groomed and responsive.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Demonstrate good interpersonal skills when dealing with customers, staff & management.
· Strong administrative skills.
· Professional image, reflecting positively on the company.
· Highly organized and able to multitask effectively and work under changing priorities.
· Good communication skills within a team environment.
· Initiative to isolate and solve problems.
· Ability to relate to all levels of personnel.
ATTITUDE & CHARACTERISTICS:
· Ability to work alone, without direct supervision
· A positive and proactive attitude.
· Demonstrates a high level of integrity.
· Enthusiastic self-starter.
· Willingness to learn and grow.
EDUCATION & KNOWLEDGE:
· Computer literacy essential.
· Knowledge of Resort Suite or similar PMS desirable.
· Understanding of accounting and fiscal management.
· Experience in a guest services role an asset.
HEALTH & SAFETY:
· Compulsory use of safety equipment provided (radio, bear horn, flashlight, cell phone etc).
· Be aware of and promote safety standards to ensure both employee and customer Health and Safety.
· Create and maintain a safe, fair, and harassment free environment for all employees.
· Physically demanding tasks in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines. Repetitive tasks, handling heavy loads, combination of standing, walking, standing for extended periods of time, bending, crouching, kneeling.
· Will be required to spend long periods of time sitting.
· Extensive computer work is involved, which includes typing and reading from a computer screen.
· Employees will live on site for the duration of the season, and will leave the island on their days off.
· Will be required to work indoors with overhead florescent lighting.
· Will be required to work independently.
· Will be required to work in an open space office environment.
· Understand and adhere to Company policy regarding the usage of Internet access and e-mail usage, where applicable.
· Be familiar and comply with all related company policies.
Please email us with a resume to email@example.com and include 'Night Audit' in the subject line of your email.APPLY NOW! • NIGHT AUDIT • Sonora Resort
Post Date: June 22, 2022
ABOUT SONORA RESORT
Nestled in a Pacific Archipelago off the coast of British Columbia, Sonora Resort is a jewel amid one of Canada's most alluring, pristine environments. Accessible only by sea or air, Sonora offers a rare alchemy of secluded wilderness and opulent comfort.
A proud member of the Relais & Châteaux family - an association of the world's finest hoteliers, chefs and restauranteurs selected for having a truly unique character - Sonora captures the essence of the Pacific Northwest. The passion of our people, spirit of our natural surroundings and the exemplary service we offer are all experienced within 5 stars of pure luxury.
Eagles await our guests perched on towering trees as the sea lions surf the tidal currents and relax in the kelp beds. Every day, a range of exhilarating outdoor adventures beckon from thrilling eco-adventure tours to world-renowned fishing and watching Grizzly bears and Orcas in their natural habitat.
Quieter moments can be appreciated in the mineral pools of Island Currents Spa or simply from our spacious private villas, multi-room suites or lodge rooms. Sink into sumptuous linens and cozy goose-down duvets or draw a deep bath to ponder the spectacular ocean views.
Reminisce on the day’s adventures in the Tyee Dining Room, where local ingredients are prepared by accomplished chefs and paired with world-class wines. Savour freshly-caught seafood, organically grown produce and desserts that will tempt even the most discerning palates.
Remote yet accessible, Sonora is a 50-minute flight from Vancouver. It’s the ultimate getaway where bespoke adventures await.
SONORA RESORT CAREERS
Sonora has a reputation for excellence, deeply rooted in the unique character of our pristine property and in the charm of our world class team. Our company culture is one of service, stewardship and family values.
Each one of our team members contribute to the guest experience at Sonora Resort; Our Housekeeping and Grounds Maintenance teams set the stage for our guests’ accommodations, while our Kitchen and Dining room teams provide an incredible fine dining experience showcasing seasonally-inspired local ingredients. From our Guest services team who ensure all of our guests’ needs are met during their stay, to our Guides and Dock Hands who help showcase the natural wonders around the resort, we are all passionate about providing our guests with unique experiences and cherished memories.
Our team shares a deep appreciation for the unspoiled wilderness of British Columbia; our opulent location is an undeniable draw for those seeking an exciting career with a side of adventure. We are completely submerged in the great outdoors - nestled in the Discovery Islands, we are surrounded by wildlife, with easy access to hiking trails, Florence Lake, and opportunities to get on the water to explore the Inside Passage.
Sonora Resort is committed to creating an engaging and supportive work environment, with a focus on developing and promoting talent from within. We offer competitive compensation packages, exciting staff incentives and the opportunity to develop under the prestigious Relais & Châteaux banner.