Cypress Mountain is recruiting for an exciting Management role within the Nordic Area – Nordic Operations Manager.
Primary responsibilities of this role include the coordination and overseeing of daily operations, of all the operational departments within the Nordic Area. This includes the Tubing and Sliding Area, Nordic Base Operations, Ski & Snowshoe Rentals as well as Nordic Patrol. The Nordic Operations Manager will work closely with other Managers around the mountain as well as with the Facilities Maintenance Manager to upkeep all Nordic facilities to the highest standard. They will also coordinate with the Nordic Area Manager to assist in the existing trail operations support team, as well as signage throughout the area.
If you have a operations based background, excel at multi-tasking and are people focused, this is the role for you!
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (include but not limited to the following):
● Oversee Hiring/Training for Nordic Operations team: Tube Area, Ski Patrol, Maintenance/Parking, and Rentals
● Work with the Nordic Area manager to address any issues or opportunities for improvements in the Nordic Area
● Coordinate with the Facilities Maintenance Manager on any building or facility repair needs
● Develop and establish operational guidelines including, risk management in the allocation of staff for the following : Tubing/sliding Area, Nordic Maintenance, Nordic Ski Patrol
● Compliance with all safety regulations of assigned tasks, and ensure a clean and safe working environment with active participation in the health and safety program
● Ensuring all staff meet or exceed the highest level of guest service in the performance of their duties
● Perform a daily assessment of risk of Nordic area and perform maintenance as required
● Coordinates/supports activities with Downhill Base Operations and Snow Removal for Parking/Road incidents, Security issues, and any other items as necessary to support the overall operation
● Manage team HR as needed, input weekly payroll, train teams with assistance of department managers, and team member coaching
● Other projects/duties as assigned
● Well organized, punctual, hardworking, self-motivated and outgoing
● Experience managing diverse team in a fast pace environment
● Ability to give and receive feedback
● Experience with general repairs and handy-person skills
● Work outside in all weather conditions
● Ability to work independently and as part of a team
● Experience operating heavy equipment (front end loaders, bobcats, excavators) a plus
● Ability to lift and/or carry up to 50lbs
● Work shift work, holidays and overtime as required
● Wage: salaried position with competitive compensation package
● Benefits package
● Bonus program
● Skiing/riding/cross country skiing/snowshoeing/snow tubing benefits
● Season pass(es) for immediate family (including spouse and minor children)
● Free Lessons
● Discounts in F&B & Big Bear Sports
● FUN work atmosphere in unique environment!
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. You may be asked to perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing and dynamic needs of the organization.
Please visit www.cypressmountain.com/employment to apply online
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contactedAPPLY NOW! • NORDIC OPERATIONS MANAGER • Cypress Mountain
Post Date: September 13, 2022
6000 Cypress Bowl Road
Located in the heart of Cypress Provincial Park and only 25 minutes from the downtown Vancouver, the mountain is right at the city's door step. With unparalleled terrain and the largest vertical rise, most runs and biggest mountain on the North Shore, Cypress Mountain is Vancouver's premier winter playground.
Cypress Mountain now boasts four quad chairs and two double chairs, including the Eagle Express high speed detachable quad, and Easy Rider quad designed specifically for beginners and a magic carpet for our Skooters program. Spectacular views of downtown Vancouver, English Bay, Georgia Strait and Howe Sound are yours to enjoy from 53 downhill runs, both day and night.
Enjoy 19 km's of trails in our Cross Country area that wind through snowy mountain forests, or explore on snowshoes with over 10 km's of self-guided trails. Try an easy guided trek, a delightfully unique dining tour or if you prefer, simply experience a winter in our exciting Snowtubing area. Located in our scenic Nordic base you will find our XC Ticket Office, XC Rental Shop, Nordic Café and public washrooms. Our rental shop does offer Classic and Skate set XC skis and snowshoe rentals.
With Winter Skiing & Snowboarding, Cross Country Skiing, Snowtubing and Snowshoeing, Cypress Mountain truly offers something for everyone!