Reporting to the Rentals Management, this is a full-time seasonal position November to April. Flexibility in shifts is important, working day shifts pre and post season, but working exclusively evenings (sometimes late) during operational season. You are part of the management team and on a season basis this team will be responsible for planning, operating, reporting and closing the Rentals & Retail Department. Seasonally you will start up and review your area of responsibility, assist with hiring and training of staff, supervising staff, report on area results and finally close the area down and write Annual Operating Report. This is all described in your Roles & Goals document.
Your main focus is working with the team to keep the rentals organized, clean and running smoothly and direct the operation of the RSP system.
– Uphold Mt. Seymour’s vision & mission statement.
– Comply with all Mt. Seymour policies and procedures as set out in the Employee Handbook, Rentals Staff Handbook, Policy folder on the Bulletin Board and the Google Docs. system.
– Your areas of responsibilities are the management of the Rental Season Pass system and the operation of the Rental department in the evenings.
– Communicate daily with the rental management team and sometimes supervisors from other departments who interact with Rentals & Retail.
– Be aware of Siriusware and Shopkeep cash system, or who to call if assistance is needed at night.
– Supervise, all staff who stay after rental operations are closed for the evening.
– Organize, on a daily basis, your area within the Rental & Retail Department. Be on call to solve minor problems over the phone, 7 days a week.
– Support (represent) other rental managers in their area of responsibility when they are not on shift.
– Prepare and deliver pre-season and ongoing training, specifically RSP training and continually review & update next years training manual for your areas of responsibility.
– Organize general Lost & Found items nightly.
– Meet regularly with the Rentals & Retail Manager and report on your area of responsibility. Participate in regular department meetings.
– Assist RTM with overall operation of the department include; schools, camps and groups, WAM, RSP & scheduling (When I Work & Time Tracker), excluding Service Shop and Retail
- Post secondary education
- Minimum 2 years experience in a high-volume environment, area of work should relate to retail.
- Technical knowledge of the Ski & Snowboard Industry.
- Technical certification on Head-Tyrolia,
- Previous supervisory experience of a seasonal and young workforce.
- Accuracy and attention to detail, clear and concise handwriting.
- Advanced level of MS Word and Excel.
- Excellent communication and guest services skills.
- Have personal transportation so that end of shift is not dependent of Shuttle Bus
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.comAPPLY NOW! • RENTALS SUPERVISOR • Mt Seymour Resorts Ltd
Post Date: September 8, 2022
1700 Mount Seymour Road
(604) 986-2261 x1
Mt Seymour is a winter recreation area located in North Vancouver. We offer a wide variety of winter activities including skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, tubing and toboganning.