Canadian Outback Rafting Company (Squamish, BC) has been operating adventures in the Sea to Sky Region since 1992. We are looking for motivated, energetic and outgoing Reservations Coordinators for the 2023 season. Our team has fun at work and outside of work, regular staff BBQs and volleyball nights, tours (bungee, flightseeing, ziplining) with other activity businesses in the corridor and many other adventures. The people we employ love to be in nature and are welcoming when it comes to joining them on the many activities Squamish has to offer.
Our mission is to empower people through shared experiences of learning, discovery and laughter. To stretch boundaries, challenge assumptions and think differently. We believe that everyone has the ability to feel wonder, about the world around them, and in the things they are able to accomplish.
Our Rafting Reservations department provides thousands of customers from all over the world with memorable experiences that they want to enjoy time and time again. Our Reservations Coordinators are true adventure experts. Their knowledge and experience helps guide customers through the booking process over the phone, online and via email. They are able to answer any question about our tours and liaise with our operations team to ensure that every customer is looked after from the moment they first contact us to the day of their adventure.
Responsibilities & Duties:
· Inbound and outbound sales over the phone, online, via email and in person
· Providing outstanding customer service and dealing with all customer queries
· Booking adventures, taking payments and corresponding with customers
· Managing reseller relationships, building contacts and visiting stakeholders
· Developing positive relationships with customers and manage feedback effectively
· Helping to support marketing and promotions to drive sales throughout the season
· Greeting clients and assisting with waivers, communicating changes to client numbers to the operational team in a timely manner
· Prepping audio video equipment for the return of the trip
· Handling and editing photo and video material for sales and promotion
· Assisting with online and social media marketing efforts
· Assisting with scheduling and logistics as bookings are received
· Understanding and assisting in emergency protocols
Our reservations office is open from 7:30 am to 5:00 pm, Monday to Sunday, with extended hours until 8:00 pm in peak season. Training will begin early April (flexible) and candidates must be able to work evenings and weekends.
Compensation: $20 -$23 depending on experience.
Reports to: Sales & Marketing Manager
Contract from: May – September 30, 2023 (flexible)
Available Positions: 3
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Outstanding sales and customer service skills
Outgoing, confident fun personality with strong people skills
Excellent time management, planning and organizational skills
Ability to multi task and maintain a strong attention to detail
Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressured environment
Patient, understanding and able to deal with customer concerns
Fully computer literate with knowledge of MS Word and Excel
Knowledge of social media is considered an asset
Knowledge of video editing is considered an asset
Email a cover letter, resume and professional references to Sarah Allinson at Sarah@canadianoutbackrafting.com or apply online via online job application form.
Thank you for your interest in working with us. Note that due to the volume of applications we receive, only successful candidates will be contactedAPPLY NOW! • RESERVATIONS COORDINATOR • Canadian Outback Rafting Co
Post Date: January 25, 2023 Deadline for Application: March 15, 2023
12825 Squamish Valley Rd
Canadian Outback Rafting offers half, full and two-day rafting trips in the busy Sea to Sky corridor. We also offer multiday river expeditions in Northern BC, The Yukon and Alaska.