Dominion Bar + Kitchen is the centre point of Surrey City Centre — an inspired downtown experience with local comfort. Our innovative menus are centred around New Canadian entrées, appetizers, and classic favourites, with a focus on locally sourced ingredients. Paired with an exciting list of signature cocktails, amazing BC wines and craft beer, Dominion Bar + Kitchen sets the scene in Surrey City Centre. A stand-alone restaurant, Dominion also provides food and beverage services for Civic Hotel.
The role as Server reports to the Assistant General Manager. As a Server the role is not just about putting food on the table that our guests will enjoy until they ask for their bill. Instead, we want to build an experience that is memorable and unique – with food and drinks on the side. The role of Server will take initiative and deliver a wide range of services to ensure the guest enjoys their meal.
1. Must be able to guide guests through the menu, answer questions, make recommendations, and suggest appropriate meals if required
2. Explain how various menu items are prepared, describing ingredients and cooking methods.
3. Ensure that all guests benefit from current, on-going and upcoming promotions
4. Assist host or hostess by answering phones to take reservations or to-go orders, and by greeting, seating, and thanking guests
5. Assist in the training and development of new employees when required
6. Maintain a positive attitude that promotes teamwork within the restaurant
7. Perform various guest services by taking orders, serving food and beverages to the guests promptly
8. Collect payments from guests in a timely manner
9. Check with guests to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems
10. Check guests identification to ensure that they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages
11. Clean tables or counters after guests have finished dining
12. Stock service areas with supplies such as coffee, food, tableware, etc.
13. Perform cleaning duties, such as sweeping and mopping floors, vacuuming carpet, tidying up server station, taking out trash, or checking and cleaning bathroom
14. Performs other duties as assigned and directed by GM & Assistant GM
Education & Experience
• Previous serving experience preferred, but not necessary
• Must be Serving it Right and Food Safe Level 1 certified or be willing to become certified
• Must be eligible to work in Canada
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Well groomed, smiles readily, good eye contact, friendly and polite, creates a great first impression
• Able to communicate well with wide variety of people, adapts tone, builds rapport
• Outgoing and confident, comfortable promoting items and services
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Team player and works productively with others
• Must be able to work with minimal supervision and have a strong initiative
• You must be able to perform efficiently during high volume peak periods
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule including opening, closing, weekends and holidays
• Strong customer service skills – able to exceed guest expectations
Post Date: June 15, 2022 Deadline for Application: July 15, 2022
13475 Central Avenue, Unit D1
Welcome to Dominion Bar + Kitchen, Surrey’s destination for brunch, lunch, dinner and late night mixers. With a focus on locally sourced ingredients, our menu offers you a unique take on New Canadian dishes, complemented by an exciting list of cocktails, BC wines and local craft beer. Come experience an urban vibe like no other. We look forward to meeting you.