SHUTTLE DRIVERS are required for daily service to: Okanagan Beach Club, Golf, Wedding, and Winery Transportation (NOT authentic Tours) Dinner Transportation, Airport Service, Late Night Safe-Ride-Home® and more.
SHUTTLE DRIVERS must have a clean Class 1, 2, or 4-Unrestricted BC Drivers Licence.
RANKED TOP 10% WORLDWIDE ON TRIPADVISOR – plus vaulted from 124th place to 1st place on TripAdvisor®, Cheers! Okanagan Tours is recruiting for Vernon, YLW, Kelowna, Penticton, and Oliver/Osoyoos.
11 QUALITIES EVERY CHEERS! SHUTTLE DRIVER SHOULD HAVE.
1. You should be a good communicator,
2. You should be charming, and sociable,
3. You must have good organization skills,
4. You should be well-groomed and have fresh breath,
5. You must be a non-smoker,
6. You need a good sense of humor,
7. You must be empathetic,
8. You need to think on your feet,
9. You should have a good sense of direction,
10. You typically aim for excellence and virtuosity, not mediocrity and worthlessness,
11. You must be passionate about being a shuttle driver: If you aren’t excited about what you do, then being a shuttle driver probably isn’t the right job for you.
BONUS: You have excellent driving habits and a near-perfect driving record. (Driving vehicles, not golf balls silly)
Daily physical requirements of this position include excessive smiling and laughing, lifting up to 40 lbs., repeated driving, standing, walking, talking, ascending or descending stairs and ramps along with intermittent kneeling, pushing, and pulling – Not unlike a round of Texas Scramble.
1) Submit your COMMERCIAL DRIVING RECORD/DRIVER'S ABSTRACT https://onlinebusiness.icbc.com/clio/
2) Submit a COVER LETTER or better, a PERSONAL VALUE PROPOSITION informing (convincing) Allen and the Cheers! hiring team why you think you’d make a great shuttle driver. Although conveying your pride, self-respect, self-esteem, honor, privilege, and dignity is somewhat of an art, nevertheless, we need a seriously compelling reason to consider hiring you. What sets you apart from typical, mediocre “designated drivers”? What have you done you’re exceptionally proud of? If you’ve earned the title of, best counsellor, best coach, MVP, best teacher, best leader, best employee, miss congeniality, etc., say so! And be sure to include the testimonials or an image of the plaque(s). Clearly indicate your home address and which area(s) you prefer to work from: Vernon, YLW, Kelowna, Penticton, or Oliver/Osoyoos.
A resume is great but only if it clearly shows you’re a customer service aficionado or rock star who accomplished great things for others.
Merely showing up is not an accomplishment.
We recognize people are NOT our most important asset. The RIGHT people are. The RIGHT person has more to do with character traits and innate capabilities than with specific knowledge, background, or skills.
Perhaps a little brusque or insensitive in his delivery, but the sentiment couldn’t possibly be more true than expressed by U.S. Army Delta Force founder Colonel Charlie A. Beckwith, “I’d rather go down the river with seven studs than with a hundred sh*theads.”
Simon Sinek says, “GREAT companies DON’T hire skilled people and motivate them, they hire motivated people and inspire them.” Are you already motivated? Come, join the team of over 24 exemplary men and women who are proud to be employee-partners at Cheers! Okanagan Tours Ltd. Read their bios on our MEET THE TEAM webpage.APPLY NOW! • SHUTTLE DRIVER • Cheers Okanagan Tours Ltd.
Post Date: July 27, 2022
1302 Morgan Road
Cheers Okanagan Tours is a family-run multi-faceted tour and event transportation company with an unprecedented reputation for successfully delivering high-value experiential tours and transportation solutions.
Tours include fun, informative, memorable top-tier wine tours, boat tours, yacht tours, sightseeing tours, and Myra Canyon tours individually, in combinations, and in multi-day adventures.
Stress-free seamless transportation solutions include golf, ski, concert, and airport shuttles, corporate events, team-building events, full wedding transportation, Christmas parties, plus carefree, fun organized bachelorettes and stags.
In addition, a fleet of chauffeured luxury SUVs stands ready for private transportation, special events, dinner transportation, and private tours.
NEW in 2019 are extraordinary long-table vineyard dinner events and unique Indigenous Experience Tours.