The Site Assistants will be responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of the TUTS grounds and Malkin Bowl and ensuring the venue is prepared, in a timely manner, for evening performances. The two positions will work opposite each other to cover 7 days per week and will begin July 2rd, or earlier, until the end of August.
· Relieving security upon arrive and reviewing security report
· Maintenance of the grounds and Malkin Bowl (garbage, recycling, light cleaning as needed, laundering towels etc.)
· Audience chair cleaning & maintenance
· Opening and closing gate at selected times for tourists to view Statue on our grounds
· Prepping bar, coffee bar, and cushion rental tents as required
· Opening the Malkin Bowl for summer camps and any other needs pertaining to summer camp prep
· Receiving supply shipments
· Able to lift a full keg
· Ability to take initiative if something arises
· Ability to work independently with little to no supervision
· Ability to prioritize and multi-task as well as problem solve
· Excellent communication skills
· Well-rounded personality with a strong sense of professionalism, work ethic
Please follow the link below and apply on our website. Please have your cover letter and resume as one PDF.
APPLY NOW! • SITE ASSISTANT • Theatre Under the Stars
Post Date: June 15, 2022 Deadline for Application: July 2, 2022
Theatre Under the Stars Musical Society (TUTS) is non-profit professional/volunteer hybrid arts producer with a mandate to present quality family entertainment in the form of full-scale musical theatre productions and provide training opportunities in performance and production to community members and aspiring professionals. TUTS achieves this through a unique collaboration between professionals and volunteers working together in administration, performance, production and venue operations. Presented at Malkin Bowl in Stanley Park, Vancouverites have long considered TUTS a summer cultural tradition with an average attendance of approximately 40,000 patrons per year.
The 2020 Summer Season at Theatre Under the Stars continues the tradition of an open-air musical theatre with the productions to be announced, running in repertory from July 4th to August 29th.