SKI INSTRUCTORS – LEVELS 1, 2, AND 3 | WINTER 2022/23
Mt Seymour is looking for enthusiastic, friendly, and highly motivated instructors to join our team and share their passion for skiing with our guests.
Mt Seymour is located in North Vancouver, just 30 minutes from downtown Vancouver and is known as Vancouver’s place to learn to ski and ride. Our Snow School provides a fun and inclusive atmosphere in which to work. Instructors are responsible for providing a great learning experience to our guests, a large proportion of whom are children.
We offer competitive wages and instructor incentives, as well as a range of industry perks and resort discounts. We also provide regular instructor training sessions to help develop our team.
These are seasonal full-time positions (20-40 hours per week), with extra work during peak operating periods. The season is December to Mid-April, with orientation training in late November.
Title: Ski Instructor
Department: Snow School
Reports To: Instructor Supervisors & Snow School Manager
Summary of Responsibilities:
You will be employed to teach guests to ski according to the standards of the Canadian Ski Instructors’ Alliance (CSIA) in a safe and fun environment. Instructors are expected to always behave in a professional manner as they are dressed in uniform and are role models for all guests and staff. Instructors are expected to be available to work weekends and holidays, these being our busiest periods.
Duties & Responsibilities:
– Commitment to the Snow School Mission Statement and Core Values “Safety, Fun, and Learning”.
– Teach skiing lessons according to the current CSIA standards.
– Responsible for the safety of each guest in the instructor’s care (Duty of Care).
– Be knowledgeable of and teach the variety of lessons that Mt Seymour offers.
– Providing support and leadership to visiting groups and schools in outdoor programs.
– Assist with the organizing of ski and snowboard lessons (aid time).
– Be knowledgeable of and teach the Alpine Responsibility Code.
– Record all class and student information accurately on Snow School class cards.
– To be knowledgeable of current equipment, technique, and teaching methodology by attending regular instructor training.
– Be in constant communication with Supervisors, Lesson Desk, and co-workers.
– Other related duties as required (as related to other departments and aid time).
$16.00 – $22.50 per hour depending on certifications and experience. Premiums for dual certification and park certification as well as private request lessons. Complimentary season’s pass and shuttle bus pass provided.
Job Requirements & Qualifications:
CSIA Level 1, Level 2, or Level 3 or equivalent certification.
Previous teaching experience & experience working with children.
Excellent communication and guest services skills.
Personable and helpful attitude.
Legally entitled to work in Canada (Citizen, Permanent Resident, Valid Working Holiday Visa).
If teaching for Mt Seymour sounds like a good fit for you, please send your resume, cover letter, and a copy of your certifications to firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the online application form.
Mt Seymour is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.APPLY NOW! • SKI INSTRUCTOR • Mt Seymour Resorts Ltd
Post Date: June 4, 2022
1700 Mount Seymour Road
(604) 986-2261 x1
Mt Seymour is a winter recreation area located in North Vancouver. We offer a wide variety of winter activities including skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, tubing and toboganning.