Our team is growing! Hotel Grand Pacific is seeking another Sous Chef to help lead our close-knit Kitchen team. It’s an exciting time to join us as our newly renovated Pacific Restaurant opens to the public. An independent 4-star property, we’re looking for a Red Seal-certified individual with a great attitude and excellent coaching skills.
Summary of Duties
• Supervise and participate in day-to-day operation of all areas of the kitchen to ensure that the highest quality and presentation of foods is being maintained
• Work with the Executive Chef to prepare the budget
• Assist in developing recipes and food presentation specs
• Design menus utilizing all resources and markets for cost effective quality
• Assist in conducting monthly staff meetings
• Develop staff work schedules weekly based on forecasted productivity needs
• Foster and maintain an excellent team through coaching, encouraging, and motivating
• Maintain a high standard of personal integrity and professionalism at all times
Why Choose Us?
· Onsite parking
· Excellent extended benefits (Life and AD&D, Health, Dental, Vision, and an Employee and Family Assistance program. A matching Defined Contribution Pension Plan & an RRSP program available when eligible)
· Discounted gym membership
· Free meals for all kitchen staff
· Friends and family hotel rate
· Employee discount available at other Preferred Hotels
· Other industry discounts
· Employee recognition & referral program
· Treat days, employee events and an annual employee party
· We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity and inclusion in our team.
We thank all applicants for their interest but are only able to consider candidates with valid authorization to work full-time in Canada.
Two professional references are required prior to an offer being madeAPPLY NOW! • SOUS CHEF • Hotel Grand Pacific
Post Date: August 5, 2022 Deadline for Application: September 16, 2022
463 Belleville St
The Hotel Grand Pacific is a modern building with an enviable address on Victoria's Inner Harbour. Named as one of the Top City Hotels in Canada in Travel + Leisure's Worlds Best Awards 2014, we have a reputation for superb service, fueled by hand-picked professionals. The website will tell you a lot more; join us for a virtual tour at www.hotelgrandpacific.com