Shambhala Music Festival is looking for Kootenay locals to join our paid Shambhalodging team for setup & tear-down of tents before and after the festival this summer- this is a unique summer work opportunity not to be missed!
•June 27 – July 15: Monday-Friday
•July 18-22: Monday-Friday
•July 25 – August 19: Monday-Friday
These roles do include festival entry!
• Tent Building and Striking
• Set up/tear down of campsites including air mattresses, bedding, and other amenities, ensuring items are clean or are packaged to be cleaned
• Assist in moving all equipment within the Shambhalodging area (landscaping, tents/air mattresses etc.)
• Keep area clean and remove all garbage
• Any minor construction to be completed
• Assist with decorating and installing lighting as needed
• Inventory leftover supplies and equipment, keeping neat and accurate records
• Perform additional tasks as requested
• Ensure hours worked are documented, signing in and out with your Supervisor
• Attend daily tailgate meeting with your supervisor at the beginning of your shift
• Perform requested tasks
• Experience setting up camping equipment is an asset
• Landscaping experience is an asset
• Relatively fit and able to lift up to 50 lbs (will have to walk long distances on the farm)
• Experience working with basic tools
• Experience being part of a team and working toward a common goal
• Take direction well
• Flexible and able to respond to changes in working conditions
• Comfortable working early mornings and outdoors in potentially unfavorable weather while maintaining a positive demeanor
• Patient performing repetitive tasks
• Maintain awareness of the environment, sense of responsibility for fellow crew members as well as company image
• Ability to work in a culturally diverse workspace without personal judgments or bias
To apply, send resumes & cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org
Shambhala Music Festival is committed to employment equity. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, Black people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
We thank all those who apply however, only those who are shortlisted will be contacted.APPLY NOW! • STAFF NEEDED FOR LODGING SETUP/TEAR-DOWN – UNIQUE SUMMER WORK OPPORTUNITY! • Shambhala Music Festival Ltd.
Post Date: June 23, 2022
2003 - 622 Front Street
This is Canada’s premiere Electronic Music Festival. Cutting edge talent, lights and sound come together in paradise to give life to a non-sponsored, family-run anomaly. Seeing it for yourself is the only way to understand exactly what is Shambhala.