The Savoy Hotel is a 12 room boutique accommodation offering located in Nelson, BC. Our beautiful hotel is equipped with a sauna, common area, and rooftop patio (including a hot tub)! It is located right in the heart of downtown Nelson on Baker Street.
We now are seeking a Guest Services Attendant to join our team for the summer! This position will run from May 15 – August 27, 2022. The Guest Services Agent will provide exceptional guest services (front desk and housekeeping ) in accordance with the hotel’s core values, mission, standards, and policies.
As this position is funded by the Summer Works Program, candidates must:
• live in the Columbia Basin Trust region;
• have been registered as a full-time student in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year;
• be legally entitled to work in Canada;
• be aged 15 or older before the employment start date
• Providing front desk services to guests, including check-ins and check-outs.
• Greeting guests upon arrival and making them feel welcomed.
• Clean guest rooms to hotel standards for guest arrival
• Clean and maintain common areas of the hotel
• Perform laundry duties
• Stock and maintain housekeeping supply rooms
• Ensure a high level of customer service at all times
• Assist guests with requests and questions as necessary
• Report any damages or repairs needed to management
• Processing guest payments
• Being a source of information to guests
• Diffusing conflict or tense situations with guests
• Be well-versed in the different room types, rates and hotel amenities.
• Up-sell hotel services when appropriate
• Perform additional duties as needed to ensure optimum guest satisfaction.
• High school diploma, A diploma or degree in hospitality management, or working towards a related credential
• 2+ years of customer service experience
• Certificate or diploma in hospitality advantageous
• Exceptional interpersonal skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Good time management and organizational skills
• Conflict resolution experience.
• Patience and good listening skills.
• Meets the Canada Summer Jobs Funding Eligibility Criteria
• Prior experience in the hotel/tourism industry. Work experience as a Hotel Front Desk Agent, Receptionist, Housekeeper or similar role is preferred, as is experienced with hotel reservations software.
• Outgoing personality, positive attitude and dedication to providing a great customer experience.
• Honesty and integrity with a passion for hospitality.
• Computer skills, must learn WebRezPro for hotel reservations
• Excellent communication, time management and organizational skills
• Able to work both independently and as part of a team with strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities.
To apply, send your resume & cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Savoy Hotel is committed to employment equity. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, Black people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
We thank all those who apply; however only those who are shortlisted will be contacted.APPLY NOW! • SUMMER STUDENT – GUEST SERVICES ATTENDANT • The Savoy Hotel
Post Date: May 26, 2022 Deadline for Application: April 22, 2022
198 Baker Street
The Savoy Hotel is a new full-service, multi-purpose entertainment and adventure hospitality complex in downtown Nelson, BC. Comprised of The Falls Music Lounge (Nelson's first brewpub/restaurant), the Farm Fresh cafe, and Bloom Nightclub; the Savoy is owned and operated by the people that bring you Shambhala Music Festival, and features state-of-the-art PK Sound installation. The hotel rooms are being renovated and will open for the winter season 2017/18.