Tourism New Westminster is seeking 2 Visitor Service Coordinators to take on programs and tasks that support the organization’s initiatives. The Visitor Service Coordinators will work cooperatively with other staff, Consultants, Tourism Committee and Board members as well as community partners.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
Visitor Services and Destination Development
· Answer questions and supply tourism information specific to New Westminster through email, social media, and telephone
· Provide tourism information at the Visitor Centre and represent the organization in public facing situations (TBD)
· Update online event calendar and business listings
· Update internal contact lists and records
· Work collaboratively with businesses and partners to develop ‘staycation’ concepts and experience packages for local audience
· Distribute promotional materials when required
· Complete administrative tasks as directed by staff
Communications and Marketing
· Develop creative ideas for blogs, social media, and campaigns
· Implement campaigns to support tourism businesses
· Create attractive booklets/downloadables for promotions
· Assist with developing wayfinding collateral
· Research industry best practices
· Track and evaluate metrics to measure the impacts of projects
Skills and Experience
This position reports to the Management Consultant and will work remotely as long as the current public health order is in place. If there are changes to the health order, remote work may be accompanied by some in-person tasks at our office at Anvil Centre or on assignment. Generally, there will be some field work required to familiarize with New Westminster. Regular check-ins with the Management Consultant are required.
Terms: $16/hr +4% in lieu of vacation based on a 40-hour week starting in May and ending late August. Typical hours would be 9am-5pm Monday to Friday, but there may be some evening or weekend shifts related to special projects.
These positions are only made possible through the Canada Summer Jobs program, this federal grant funding requires that successful
Tourism New West believes in employment equity and encourages applications from youth who self-identify as being part of underrepresented groups or as having additional barriers to entering or staying in the labour market.
To apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to Management Consultant, Barbara Fairbrother at email@example.com.
The application period is open from April 24th until May 10th. We thank all who apply for a summer employment opportunity, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Post Date: April 30, 2021 Deadline for Application: May 10, 2021
777 Columbia Street
Tourism New Westminster (TNW) is a dynamic destination marketing organization with a mission to promote and market the incredible visitor experiences that can be found right here at the centre of Metro Vancouver. We highlight the local food, arts & culture, festival and hospitality scene to visitors from across the region and around the world.