Your job is primarily one of sales and customer engagement, with a healthy dose of administration and follow-through. From our Adventure Desk, you will be a key personality that engages both our potential customers and confirmed guests. In this role, you will respond to all telephone, email, and social media inquiries and you will also handle all walk-in inquiries relating to day adventures, lodging packages and lunch-in-the-alpine reservations. It is your friendly, genuine, and caring attitude that turns inquiring people into customers, and furthermore your eye for detail, follow-through and product knowledge will turn our customers into “forever Callaghan Country fans”.
As Sales Lead you will be responsible for generating leads and meeting sales goals. Duties will include crafting and accepting adventure reservations, negotiating contracts with guides, groups, and specialty markets. To be successful in this role, you will need to have a deep understanding of the sales process and dynamics, as well as superb interpersonal skills. Previous experience in a sales role is an advantage. You will support all administrative procedures involved in sales and reservations (prompt email responses, sales pipelines, guest profiles, etc.) as well as our retention efforts, sending thank you letters, diligently maintaining our client database, and leading initiatives to increase our repeat and referral business.
In addition to your sales role, you will be responsible for warmly welcoming and registering guests upon their arrival at our staging area, coordinating overnight parking, presenting waivers, showing maps, offering weather information, taking photos and generally building the anticipation of the adventure that is about to begin.
Journeyman Lodge Sales and Customer Engagement (70%)
· Employ expert product knowledge and selling techniques to promote products, services, and packages that, in turn, generate sales leads
· Engage all inquiries with warm and inquisitive conversation, building a meaningful rapport
· Capture all leads (phone, walk-in, email, social) and advancing them through the sales pipeline in a friendly and engaging manner
· Meet or exceeding sales targets as set out by management
· Estimate or quote prices, policies, itineraries, and travel information
· Counsel customers on terms and conditions of reservations e.g. cancellation policies
· Negotiate contracts with guides, groups, and specialty markets
· Book reservations in the webrezpro property management system
· Process booking payments
· Communicate with Client Service Specialist about accepted reservations and guest expectations ensuring appropriate transfer of guest profile in CRMS
· Administer ‘Thank you’ emails and select ‘Guest Loyalty Program’ invites to checked out guests
· Identify and solicit new clients or target groups
· Preparing and providing product knowledge presentations as assigned
· Representing Callaghan Country brand and products at local tradeshow events
· Assist marketing team with sales campaigns and targeted promotions
Guest Retention (15%)
· Promote cohesive teamwork and quality service through daily communications and coordination
· Diligent maintenance of customer relations systems working to increase our repeat and referral business (ie. email templates, guest expectations, key webpages)
· Maintenance of Guest Loyalty Program member database
· Administer Guest Loyalty Program value offers and monthly draw
· Collecting data/statistics on customer demographics
· Make appropriate service recovery recommendations to management
Frontline Service (15%)
· Act as ambassador and liaison for company with partners, associations, guests, and potential guests
· Warmly welcoming and registering guests upon their arrival at our staging area, coordinating overnight parking, presenting waivers, showing maps, offering weather information, taking photos, and generally building the anticipation of the adventure that is about to begin
· Respond to a high volume of emails and phone calls in a timely manner
· Handle in-person and digital complaints or concerns with care leading to corrective action and follow-up
· Accept lunch guest payments in POS and relay daily reservations to Lodge team
● Must have own transportation (#1000 Callaghan Valley Rd. is not serviced by transit)
● Previous experience in sales with a demonstrated understanding of the sales process and dynamics
● Excellent written and verbal communications skills with a knack for building rapport and relationships
● Essential to personally enjoy/have familiarity with outdoor pursuits such as Nordic Skiing, Snowshoeing, and Alpine Touring
● Must be a self-starter with the ability to work in a team environment, take initiative, assess priorities and multi-task, competently
● Will perform a variety of activities with a high level of accuracy within an, often, high-stress and fast-paced work setting (reliably, during peak periods such as the Christmas Holidays)
● Agreement to abide by all company health and safety policies & protocols
● A collection of professional references will be required prior to final interviews
● Personal time commitment to a full season contract with Callaghan Country
● First Aid Certified (minimum 40-hour course)
● Level 1 Ski Operations certificate an asset
● Ski Patrol experience an asset
● Proficient in operation of snowmobiles and toboggan handling
● Previous hospitality / guest hosting experiences considered an asset
● Previous experience in wilderness expeditions / remote camp work considered an asset
● Proven background: Minimum 3 yrs operating and maintaining personal recreation machinery
● Proven background: Minimum 2 yrs working in a frontline service role
● Proven background: Minimum 1 yr working in a similar role overseeing operations and facility maintenance
● Demonstrated initiative in community and volunteer endeavors
CHEERFUL DISPOSITION Lives with a positive attitude and confident in the ‘every challenge is an opportunity’ approach.
TENACIOUS ENDURANCE Proactively responds to constantly changing and demanding workloads.
MARKETING & INDUSTRY INSIGHT Ability to place your own offering within industry context and stay on top of what competitors are doing.
EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE Self-aware with tools to effectively control and express your emotions and relate well with others, handling relationships judiciously and empathetically.
GROWTH MINDSET Strong desire for success balanced with understanding of the importance of continuous learning, hard work, and sustained motivation to achieve and improve over time.
SALES GUMPTION An enterprising attitude; can enthusiastically get out there and work the numbers, engaging leads, aligning needs, effectively closing the loop, and always maintaining grace in the face of rejection.
INTEGRITY Live in accordance with your deepest values, always honest and transparent, and can let your actions speak for you.
SERVICE EXCELLENCE Implies an inherent passion to identify, relate, and serve customers, focusing one's efforts on discovering and exceeding their needs, every day.
TEAMWORK Demonstrates the ability to work cooperatively, participate fully, communicate clearly, support and learn from others, contributing to a cohesive team environment.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Feel free to contact us by telephone with any questions: 604-938-0616APPLY NOW! • SALES LEAD – ADVENTURE CRAFTER • Callaghan Country Wilderness Adventures
Post Date: June 9, 2022 Deadline for Application: June 20, 2022
1000 Callaghan Valley Rd.
Callaghan Country is located in the heart of British Columbia’s Coast Mountain Range, just 20 minutes south from Whistler Village and 1.5 hours north of Vancouver.
Callaghan Country is a unique wilderness adventure operation featuring the Alexander Falls Touring Centre providing convenient access to a full range of SKI CALLAGHAN experiences including classic, skate, and wilderness cross-country skiing, dog-friendly trails, as well as forest and meadow snowshoeing, magnificent alpine ski touring slopes, and deep, deep powder. At the heart of this landscape, 13.8 kilometres (8.4 miles) up from the nearest road, sits Journeyman Lodge, a well-appointed backcountry inn boasting friendly hospitality, great food, and comfortable accommodation for up to 24 people.