The West Kelowna Visitor Centre is seeking two young and enthusiastic individuals to spend their summer outdoors sharing our community with tourists and locals alike.
Are you interested in touring our community’s hot spots, being at the beach while working, and exploring our local amenities? If so, we have an opening at the West Kelowna Visitor Centre for a Community Ambassador. This position is ideal for an outgoing ‘people’ person who can use their strong communication skills to engage with visitors helping them find the activities and experiences that build incredible memories.
This position is key to ensuring that tourists have a memorable experience while visiting West Kelowna and the Greater Westside.
Key responsibilities include:
· Greeting and welcoming guests at the Visitor Centre
· Actively seeking out information that may be of interest to visitors
· Responding to phone calls, emails, as well as in-person and live chat inquiries
· Developing extensive knowledge about the products and experiences that our community offers, including information about hiking trails, wineries, restaurants, attractions, and services
· Contacting local businesses and orchards to maintain up-to-date information
· Accurately recording information in accordance with Destination BC specifications
· Work with the Executive Director on determining Mobile Visitor Centre locations, as well as operating, setting up, maintaining, and taking down the Mobile Centre Booth. Mobile locations may include local beaches, parks, events, and attractions.
· Keeping brochures well-stocked and organized
· Assisting with any special events that the Westbank Museum may be hosting
· Additional tasks may include working with Visit Westside to create content and short blog posts as well as assisting in curatorial needs in the museum.
The position is open to students returning to full-time studies in the next academic year.
This position is subject to the approval of funding through Canada Summer Jobs.
Preference will be given to students with outgoing positive attitudes, as well as candidates with a driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
The applicant must:
�be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident or have refugee status in Canada.
Note: Non-Canadian students or graduates holding temporary work visas or awaiting permanent status are not eligible.
� be legally entitled to work in Canada.
� be between 15* and 30 years of age at the start of employment (*where permissible under provincial/territorial labour laws).
� meet the specific eligibility criteria of the program to which you apply.
� be registered in the CSJ online candidate inventory.
� be willing to commit to the full duration of the work assignment (minimum 35 hours a week).
� does not have another full-time job while employed
� have registered as a full-time* student in the semester preceding (*as defined by their educational institution), and
� intend to return to full-time studies* in the semester immediately following the summer job.
Post Date: March 8, 2023 Deadline for Application: May 30, 2023
2376 Dobbin Rd
Our mission is to be a cultural centre for the community and provide a repository dedicated to the ongoing collection, preservation, and interpretation of Westbank and the surrounding areas' history. As a small museum, we get to work closely with our community, our donors, and our collections.
We also function as West Kelowna's visitor centre. In this role, we provide those visiting our community and locals alike with memorable experiences. Our visitor services counsellors get to be ambassadors of our area.