Employees First Award
This Award recognizes a British Columbia tourism and hospitality industry employer who has upheld high standards of excellence in occupational health & safety, and human resource management practices. This award pertains to, but is not exclusive to, the employer’s activities between January 1, 2019 and December 15, 2019.
Companies can be self-nominated or can be nominated by other companies or agencies. Nominators are also encouraged to enclose supporting documentation and samples that may be relevant to their nomination. Please address the following points on your nomination submission:
- How would you describe the organizational culture of your organization? How do the organization’s vision, values and leadership practices contribute to creating a positive and safe work environment?
- How well do you believe you meet or exceed the requirements of the Workers Compensation Act and the Occupational Health & Safety regulations? Please explain in detail (e.g. policies/practices you have in place to promote the health, safety and wellness of your workers; leadership commitment; risk assessments/workplace inspections; COR certification etc.)
- To what extent have your HR and OHS practices impacted your ability to attract and retain staff? Please provide as many quantifiable indicators as possible (such as staff turnover and/or retention rates, customer satisfaction scores, employee survey metrics, injury and claims data etc.).
Why Apply? Award Winners Enjoy:
- Stellar Staff – attract success-minded people; the best want to work for the best
- Market Exposure – reinforce to clients, loyal and new, that they have picked the best
- Industry Status – be respected as a leader in the field and an expert on the issues
- Increased Brand Recognition – it’s all eyes on you through positive media attention
- Increased Sales – corporate award winners typically experience 37% more sales growth than the competition according to a recent study
- Better Business Relationships – financial institutions and suppliers place a high value on companies that are succeeding
Nominations are now open! Please apply here.
Nominations Close January 13, 2020
Learn more about past winners:
- Accent Inns Inc.
- Island Lake Lodge
- Landsea Tours and Adventures
- Sun Peaks Resort
- The Residence Inn by Marriott Vancouver Downtown
- Ziptrek Ecotours
- Panorama Mountain Village
- White Spot Hospitality
- Grouse Mountain Resorts
- Exploration Place Museum and Science Centre
- Rocky Mountaineer Vacations
- Delta Vancouver Airport Hotel