|Date:||November 3, 2022|
|Time:||11:00 am -|
The Thompson Okanagan Tourism Association (TOTA) is presenting a virtual walkthrough of the Biosphere Sustainable Lifestyle Platform for B.C. tourism companies and how it can help to track progress towards the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) through the BiosphereSustainable.com platform, a sustainability management system for tourism companies.
Who Should Attend?
- Tourism Businesses (Hotels, Wineries, Tour Operators, Restaurants, and any tourism business wishing to improve their sustainability practices)
- Biosphere Commitment Program Members
- Sustainability managers/coordinators
- Anyone curious about the systems approach to sustainable tourism
What Will You Learn?
- How to use a Sustainability Management System
- How to create a Sustainability Action Plan for your organization
- How to track, measure, and upload evidence of your progress towards the 17 SDGs
- How to measure progress with sustainability reports
Why Implement a Sustainability Management System?
A long term sustainability management system to helps organizations achieve continuous improvement by addressing social, cultural, economic, quality, human rights, environmental, health and safety, and crisis management issues.
Recording evidence of sustainable actions and having a process in place to monitor continuous sustainability performance improvements enable organizations to align their day to day practices with sustainability principles.
What is a Sustainability Management System?
Sustainability management systems like the Biosphere Sustainable Lifestyle Platform help tourism organizations establish sustainable policies in alignment with the activities of the 17 United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and objectives to measure year on year progress towards the goals and create sustainability plans to educate and showcase their sustainability efforts to internal and external stakeholders.
The system includes:
- Easy-to-use digital platform to translate long-term goals into tangible actions and activities
- Platform to track, measure, and showcase sustainability efforts to employees, customers, and other stakeholders.
- Public profile which highlights sustainable goals, actions, and progress towards the SDGs to travellers from around the world through the new consumer facing website of BiosphereSustainable.com