There is currently a heat wave warning in place in BC and temperatures are expected to rise further in the next few days. Heat is a workplace hazard and can cause heat related illnesses when workers spend prolonged periods outside.
We have put some practical resources together to provide employers with information, including appropriate control measures that may help to reduce the effects of heat exposure in the workplace.
- High Temperatures Put Workers at Risk of Heat Stress
- Hot Environments – Health Effects and First Aid
- Hot Environments – Control Measures
- Sun Safety at Work: Workers
- Sun Safety at Work: Employers
- Sun & UV Radiation
- Practice Sun Safety When Working Outdoors
- Preventing Heat Stress at Work
- Heat Stress