Internships, co-ops and apprenticeships are all excellent ways in which students can gain direct experience in tourism & hospitality, helping to propel them forward in their career. But did you know that there are many ways in which employers stand to gain.
First in Line
- Business’ who invest in hiring students have the advantage of being first in line to access a talented pool of young enthusiastic professionals for now and in the future.
Dollars and Sense
- Hiring a student is a cost-effective way to bolster your staff but another benefit is the nice opportunity to deepen the skill sets of current employees by giving them supervisory responsibilities.
Good for Business
- Students naturally inject fresh ideas and energy into your workplace. Business’ who hire student are viewed as practicing good corporate social responsibility.
Excellent Industry Behavior
- Companies who take the time to invest and develop into future professionals help to demonstrate the importance of growing talent for our industry early on.
- Federal and provincial funding available to [primarily] small businesses to help cover the costs of student wages and training.
Interested in learning more? There are several programs that make hiring a student easy. Talent Match program is a free program offered as a benefit to member of the BC Alliance for Arts + Culture, the BC Museums Association and go2HR BC tourism human resources association. Talent MATCH is funded by the Ministry of Advanced Education, Training, and Skills in partnership with the Association of Cooperative Education & Work Integrated Learning BC/Yukon (ACE-WIL).
Interested in learning more, don’t miss their upcoming webinar with great tips on March 23,2021.